Frederic Tronnier, M.Sc.
+49 (0) 69 / 798 34 707 (Phone)
Office 2.231, RuW Building
D-60323 Frankfurt am Main
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- Digital Euro
- Behavioural Finance
- Privacy in Mobile Payment
Frédéric Tronnier joined the Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security as a research and teaching assistant in 2019. He holds a B.A. in Economics and Business Administration with specialization in Management and Marketing, as well as a M.A. in Business Informatics, both from Goethe-University Frankfurt. Between his degrees he worked at a Venture Capital company, identifying and evaluating promising hard-and software start-ups. His Masters thesis on the investment behavior of retail investors in Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) led him to join the chair.
Frédéric Tronnier is a member and expert at the Digital Euro Association (DEA).
Call for Bachelor and Master theses:
I am always looking for good and committed students. So just drop me a message if you are interested in writing a Bachelor or Master thesis about Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts, Mobile Payment or Privacy-related topics.
Under Theses you can find some specific topics for Bachelor and Master Theses that are currently open.
- Bachelor: An Analysis on technostress and cognitive overload for Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) applications.
- Bachelor: An Analysis on technostress and cognitive overload for Artificial Intelligence applications such as ChatGPT.
- Tronnier, F. An Introduction To Prompt Engineering: How To Communicate With ChatGPT Effectively – In Theory and Practice. 2023. Available under: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3MQFPWZ
- Tronnier, F., Hamm, P., & Harborth, D. (2023). The Behavioral Biases of Cryptocurrency Retail Investors: Lessons from ICOs. In Activist Retail Investors and the Future of Financial Markets (pp. 115-135). Routledge.
- Tronnier, F., Pape, S., Löbner, S., Rannenberg, K. (2022). A Discussion on Ethical Cybersecurity Issues in Digital Service Chains. In: Kołodziej, J., Repetto, M., Duzha, A. (eds) Cybersecurity of Digital Service Chains. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 13300. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-04036-8_10
Journal articles and conference proceedings:
- Tronnier, F., Biker, P., Baur, E. Löbner, S. 2023. An Evaluation of Information Flows in Digital Euro Transactions Using Contextual Integrity Theory. In European Interdisciplinary Cybersecurity Conference (EICC2023). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 7–12. https://doi.org/10.1145/3590777.3590779
- Löbner, S., Gartner, C., Tronnier, F. 2023. Privacy Preserving Data Analysis with the Encode, Shuffle, Analyse Architecture in Vehicular Data Sharing. In European Interdisciplinary Cybersecurity Conference (EICC2023). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 85–91. https://doi.org/10.1145/3590777.3590791
- Tronnier, F., Harborth, D., Biker, P. Applying the extended attitude formation theory to central bank digital currencies. Electronic Markets. Volume 33. (1) 2023. Available under: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12525-023-00638-3. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12525-023-00638-3
- Bracamonte, V., Pape, S., Löbner, S., & Tronnier, F. 2023. Effectiveness and Information Quality Perception of an AI Model Card: A Study Among Non-Experts.20th Annual International Conference on Privacy, Security & Trust (PST2023)
Tronnier, F., Harborth, D., Hamm, P. 2022. "Investigating privacy concerns and trust in the digital Euro in Germany". Electronic Commerce Research and Applications. Volume 53, May–June 2022, 101158. Available under: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2022.101158
Tronnier, Frédéric and Biker, Patrick, "A Framework and Qualitative Evaluation of Privacy Concerns in the Digital Euro" (2022). PACIS 2022 Proceedings. 63.https://aisel.aisnet.org/pacis2022/63
Löbner, S.; Tronnier, F.; Pape, S. and Rannenberg, K.: Comparison of De-Identification Techniques for Privacy Preserving Data Analysis in Vehicular Data Sharing. In CSCS '21: ACM Computer Science in Cars Symposium, Ingolstadt, Germany, November 30th, 2021, ACM, 2021
Tronnier, F. 2021. "Privacy in Payment in the Age of Central Bank Digital Currency. Privacy and Identity Management". 15th IFIP WG 9.2, 9.6/11.7, 11.6/SIG 9.2.2 International Summer School. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-72465-8_6
Tronnier, F., Hamm, P. and Harborth, D.. 2020. "The Role of Behavioural Biases and Personality Traits of Retail Investors in ICOs". European Conference on Information Systems.https://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2020_rp/22/
- Tronnier, F., Recker, M. and Hamm, P.. 2020. Towards Central Bank Digital Currency - A Systematic Literature Review". Pacific Conference on Information Systems.https://aisel.aisnet.org/pacis2020/131/
Gógl et al. (2023). Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the establishment of the digital euro. Digital Euro Association. Available under: https://7869715.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/7869715/DEA%20DigiEuro%20Reg%20Proposal%20Commentary.pdf
- S. Amiri, C. Bachir Brahim, C. Gerencsér, A. Ghosh, A.S. Gógl, J. Gutiérrez, K. Kaponda, C. Kraft, K. Ottoni, C. Pfister, A. Ralphs, D. Szego, Dr. D. Tercero-Lucas, F. Tronnier, L. Tullo, (2023). Privacy and Central Bank Digital Currencies. Digital Euro Association e.V. Available under: https://7869715.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/7869715/Privacy%20and%20CBDCs%20-%20Digital%20Euro%20Association%20Working%20Group.pdf
- Gutierrez et al., 2023. Banking on Tokens. Tokenized Commercial Bank Deposits - A Primer. Digital Euro Association e.V. Available under: https://7869715.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/7869715/Banking%20on%20Tokens%20Final.pdf
- Rannenberg, Kai; Pape, Sebastian; Tronnier, Frederic and Löbner, Sascha. 2021. Study on the technical evaluation of de-identification procedures for personal data in the automotice sector. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21248/gups.63413
- Tronnier, Frédéric and Kakkar, Seddanth, Would You Pay with a Digital Euro? Investigating Usage Intention in Central Bank Digital Currency (August 18, 2021). Available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4194173