Dr. Fatbardh Veseli
E-mail & Home Page:
- Privacy-enhancing mechanisms
- Security and privacy evaluation frameworks
- Identity and access management
- Security management
- Privacy engineering
Fatbardh Veseli is a research fellow from Goethe University Frankfurt. He earned his doctoral degree in natural sciences from the Faculty of Informatics and Mathematics at Goethe University Frankfurt. Meanwhile, Dr. Veseli continues to provide contribution to research on the topics of privacy by design, identity and access management, application of cryptographic innovations for privacy respecting identity and access management, privacy engineering, and security concepts.
Dr. Veseli has contributed technically but also had leadership responsibility in European research and innovation projects, most notably ABC4Trust and CREDENTIAL, presented in scientific and business venues worldwide, and provided valuable input to standardisation projects (ISO/IEC). For many semesters, he has taught university courses at Goethe University, and he continues to supervise bachelor and master theses.
He holds master's degree in information security, a bachelor in mathematics-computer science, and another bachelor degree in economics-management. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional with international work experience in both public and private sector, including banking, software development and consultancy. Dr. Veseli can be contacted at fatbardh.veseli [at] m-chair.de.
- Privacy with Privacy-enhanced attribute-based Credentials – Porvoo Group / ETSI Workshop, 22-23 May 2014, Sophia Antipolis, France
- Benchmarking criteria for Privacy-ABC technologies, IFIP SEC 2014, 3 June 2014, Marrakech, Morocco
- Towards the acceptance of Privacy- ABC technologies – challenges and opportunities, IFIP Summer School, 7-12 September 2014, Patras University, Greece
- Benchmarking Privacy-ABC Technologies - An Evaluation of Storage and Communication Efficiency, IEEE Services 2015 Security and Privacy Workshop, 29 June 2015, New York, USA
- Privacy and Identity Management – Issues, Technologies, Challenges, Guest lecture at the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 29 December 2015, University of Prishtina, Kosovo
- Secure and privacy-preserving identity management – Opportunities and Challenges, Software Freedom Kosova 2016 - 7th Edition, 22 October 2016, Prishtina, Kosovo
- Evaluation of Privacy-ABC Technologies - A Study on the Computational Efficiency, IFIP Trust Management 2016, 21 July 2016, Darmstadt, Germany
- Evaluation of Privacy-ABC technologies, AFSecurity Seminar, University of Oslo, 3 May 2017, Oslo, Norway
- Engineering Privacy by Design – The Case of an Identity Wallet Platform, Privacy & Us Workshop, 22 November 2018, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Engineering Privacy by Design – The Case of an Identity Wallet Platform, ACM SAC 2019 – Privacy by Design in Practice, 09 April 2019, Limassol, Cyprus
- Identity and Access Management – Regulation & Technology, KOSICT 2018, 13 October 2018, Prishtina, Kosovo
- Veseli, F., Serna-Olvera, J., Pulls, T. and Rannenberg, K. 2019. "Engineering Privacy by Design – Lessons from the Design and Implementation of an Identity Wallet Platform", SAC '19 Proceedings of the 34th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing , ISBN: 978-1-4503-5933-7, pp. 1475-1483 , DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3297280.3297429, ACM New York, NY, USA ©2019.
- Jose Maria de Fuentes, Lorena Gonzalez-Manzano, Agusti Solanas, Fatbardh Veseli. 2018. "Attribute-Based Credentials for Privacy-Aware Smart Health Services in IoT-Based Smart Cities", Computer, (51:7), pp. 44-53, DOI:10.1109/MC.2018.3011042, https://www.computer.org/csdl/mags/co/2018/07/mco2018070044-abs.html, IEEE.
- Jose Maria de Fuentes, Lorena González-Manzano, Jetzabel Serna-Olvera, Fatbardh Veseli. 2017. "Assessment of attribute-based credentials for privacy-preserving road traffic services in smart cities", Personal Ubiquitous Computing, (21:5), pp. 869–891, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-017-1057-6, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00779-017-1057-6, Springer.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Jetzabel Serna. 2016. "Evaluation of Privacy-ABC Technologies - a Study on the Computational Efficiency", In: Trust Management X, IFIPTM 2016, ISBN: 978-3-319-41354-9, pp. 63-78, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-41354-9_5, https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-41354-9_5, Springer.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Jetzabel Serna-Olvera. 2015. "Benchmarking Privacy-ABC Technologies - An Evaluation of Storage and Communication Efficiency", DOI:10.1109/SERVICES.2015.37, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7196525/, IEEE.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Tsvetoslava Vateva-Gurova, Ioannis Krontiris, Kai Rannenberg, Neeraj Suri. 2014. "Towards a Framework for Benchmarking Privacy-ABC Technologies", ISBN: 978-3-642-55415-5, pp. 197-204, http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-55415-5_16, Springer.
- Alexander Pana, Fatbardh Veseli, Kai Rannenberg. 2020. "Privacy Engineering - A Literature Review".
- Fatbardh Veseli et. al.. 2017. "D3.3 - Recommendations on Privacy-enhancing mechanisms", https://credential.eu/publications/deliverables/d3-3-recommendations-on-privacy-enhancing-mechanisms/, CREDENTIAL Project Deliverable.
- Fatbardh Veseli and Welderufael B. Tesfay. 2015. "Privacy-ABC Technologies, Personal Data Ecosystem, and Business Models", https://abc4trust.eu/download/R2.1%20-%20PDE%20and%20ABC%20Review%20V1.0.pdf, ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Tsvetoslava Vateva-Gurova, Ahmad Sabouri, Michael Østergaard Pedersen, Jesus Luna . 2014. "D3.1 Scientific comparison of ABC", ABC4Trust Deliverable to the EC.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Jesus Luna, Hamza Ghani, Tsvetoslava Vateva-Gurova, Harald Zwingelberg, Katalin Storf, Felix Bieker, Daniel Deibler, Marit Hansen . 2014. "D2.3 Benchmarking Criteria for Privacy-ABC technologies".
- Fatbardh Veseli, Jesus Luna, Hamza Ghani, Tsvetoslava Vateva-Gurova, Harald Zwingelberg, Katalin Storf, Felix Bieker, Daniel Deibler, Marit Hansen. 2014. "D2. 3 Benchmarking criteria (for Privacy-ABC technologies)", https://abc4trust.eu/download/D2.3%20-%20Benchmarking%20Criteria.pdf, ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Jan Camenisch and Jonas Lindstrøm Jensen. 2014. "D8. 13 (ABC4Trust) reference implementation for standardization v2", https://abc4trust.eu/download/D8.13%20-%20Reference%20Implementation%20for%20Standardization%20V2.pdf, ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- Gert Læssøe Mikkelsen, Michael Østergaard Pedersen, Fatbardh Veseli. 2014. "D3.2 Guidance on Selection and Complementarity of ABC Protocols", https://abc4trust.eu/download/Deliverable%20D3.2.pdf, ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Dieter M. Sommer, Jan Schallaöck, Ioannis Krontiris. 2014. "D8.12 (ABC4Trust) Architecture for Standardization V2".
- Joerg Abendroth, Souheil Bcheri, Ioannis Krontiris, Vasiliki Liagkou, Ahmad Sabouri, Eva Schlehahn, Fatbardh Veseli, Harald Zwingelberg . 2013. "D5.2 Amendment Building Blocks of ABC Technology", ABC4Trust Deliverable to the EC.
- Fatbardh Veseli, Pascal Paillier, Jan Schallaböck, Ioannis Krontiris. 2012. "D8. 4 (ABC4Trust) Architecture for standardization v1", ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- Joerg Abendroth, Souheil Bcheri, Norbert Götze, Vasiliki Liagkou, Monika Orski, Robert Seidl, Fatbardh Vesel. 2012. "D5. 2 Description of the “common denominator” elements (for the pilots)", ABC4Trust project deliverable.
- M. Hansen, H. Obersteller, K. Rannenberg, and F. Veseli. 2015. "Establishment and Prospects of Privacy-ABCs", In: Attribute-based Credentials for Trust, Eds. Rannenberg K., Camenisch J., Sabouri A., ISBN: 978-3-319-14439-9, pp. 345-360, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14439-9_11, Springer.
- Pedersen M.Ø., Mikkelsen G.L., Veseli F., Sabouri A., Vateva-Gurova T.. 2015. "Comparison of mechanisms", In: Attribute-based Credentials for Trust, Eds. Rannenberg K., Camenisch J., Sabouri A., ISBN: 978-3-319-14439-9, pp. 109-141, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14439-9_4, Springer.